- The promoter of the Jo-Ann Strauss’ Back to Work Competition (referred to herein as “the Competition”) is GetSmarter (referred to herein as “the Promoter”, “we”, “our” or “us”), with its website at www.getsmarter.com (referred to herein as “the GetSmarter Website”).
- The competition is promoted through the Modern Mommy blog and Jo-Ann Strauss’ Instagram and Twitter accounts (referred to herein as “the Social Media platforms”).
- You agree that these rules will apply to you when you enter the competition.
- Fifty (50) lucky winners who meet the requirements of the competition will win a prize.
- PLEASE NOTE: you are not guaranteed to win a prize and by entering the competition you merely stand a chance to win a prize.
- These rules will be interpreted and applied in terms of South African laws.
Requirements to Enter the Competition
- Entries are open to female South African citizens, 18 years or older, in possession of a South African Identity Document or passport and a matric certificate or equivalent qualification.
- The entry form is hosted on the Modern Mommy blog and must be completed in full.
- The competition starts on 16 July 2020 00:00:00 and ends on 29 July 23:59:59 SAST.
- Only one entry per person.
- We must receive your entry before the end date and time of the competition specified above. Please note that you enter the competition through an electronic platform and although the Promoter will take all reasonable steps, we will not be liable for any technical problems or any lost, delayed or incorrectly received entries through electronic platforms. You will receive an email to confirm our receipt of your entry.
Prizes to be awarded
- Fifty (50) winners will be awarded a place on an exclusive presentation of the University of Stellenbosch Business School: Women in Leadership short course presented by GetSmarter as well as a second course of their choice as indicated at the time of entry. The options include courses presented in collaboration with the University of Cape Town or the University of Stellenbosch Business School. Winners will also be invited to join Jo-Ann Strauss on two Zoom calls within the next six (6) months at a time to be communicated by the GetSmarter team.
- Winners must enrol for the second course of their choice before 1 July 2021.
- The GetSmarter enrolments team will contact winners to explain the online learning environment and related requirements.
- Winners are responsible for their own equipment (such as computers, laptops, or other devices) as well as their own reliable internet connectivity, data, etc., and will be required to accept our Terms and Conditions for Students upon enrolment.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred to someone other than the original winner. Upon successful completion of the course, your certificate will be issued in the legal name of the winner. The courses allocated cannot be substituted for other courses, unless we agree to it. We will not be under any obligation to agree to such substitution.
- A random draw overseen by independent attorneys will take place on or before 7 August 2020 and 50 winners with backups will be selected. The independent attorneys will also report on the competition.
- You will be disqualified as a winner if you:
- do not meet all the requirements of the competition rules;
- do not fully complete the entry in terms of the instructions;
- are a director, member, partner, agent, employee or consultant of the Promoter or any supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
- are the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in (c);
- have any outstanding account with GetSmarter.
- The winners will be contacted via e-mail and/or sms and/or telephone. If the Promoters are not able to successfully contact the winners within five (5) working days of their selection as a winner, despite reasonable attempts, we reserve the right to disqualify you as a winner and award the Prize to a back-up winner, in which event the initial winner will have no recourse against the Promoter. Winners, once successfully contacted, will also be announced on the Social Media platforms.
- If any tax is payable on the Prize, the Winners will be responsible for the tax payment.
- Unless winners object to it in writing, the Promoters have the right to use the winner’s name/s and/or photograph/s in marketing material for the purposes of GetSmarter marketing.
- The winners will need to provide proof of identity and must sign documentation required in law, which includes the standard winner’s declaration form.
- We may also require additional information reasonably required to effect the Prize acceptance and use of the Prize.
- We may cancel or suspend the Competition or we may amend the rules if a change in our situation or unforeseen circumstances result in us not being reasonably able to continue with the Competition in its current form. We may also correct obvious errors. Should this happen for any reason, you will not have any rights to the competition and will have no recourse against the Promoter or any party working in conjunction with the Promoter on this Competition.
- We provide the Prize “as is” and without any warranties. We accordingly disclaim any liability incurred for any reason resulting from the Prize being awarded or used by you and you indemnify us and hold us harmless from any damages you or a third party may suffer (including direct, indirect, and consequential loss) because of any action or omission relating to this competition and/or the award of the Prize.