The Head of CT Real Estate and Workplace oversees 2U Cape Town’s multiple facilities through vendor management and management of the Workplace Operations team to, cultivate an office space that facilitates employee productivity, engagement and fun. The Head of CT Real Estate and Workplace will be responsible to oversee and manage the new office build and office move.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the new and interim 2U CT Office (60%)
- Consult with 2U management to develop project concepts and specifications for the new office build
Work with suitable consultants to ensure the development and management of strategic plans and critical development processes are carried out on time
- Manage the costs of the new build against the approved budget
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, and expenditures related to the management of real estate development activities.
- Manage the design of the new space
- Together with the appointed company, manage the design/specification of the interim office space as well as the new build.
- Identify and secure any additional office space required depending on company growth and expansion.
- Operations (20%)
- Builds strong relationships with 2U stakeholder leadership to understand, anticipate, and coordinate changes for growth of staff and other needs
- Develops, monitors, and tracks budgets, ensuring workplace operations fall within financial targets for the 2U portfolio
- Identifies, recommends, and executes continuous process improvements of Workplace Operations services based on data insights and employee feedback
- Manage the facilities team in the existing and new office spaces
- People Management (20%)
- Manage, mentor and coach Workplace Operations Manager on a day-to-day basis
- Manage broader team through leaders
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years business experience with multiple years directly related to real estate and property management operations for multi-location organisations in a growing company
- Enthusiasm, leadership, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience successfully managing remote offices with a high level of customer (employee) service and clear, ongoing communication
- Ability to work effectively with vendors and contractors to achieve results and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Excellent computer skills
- The role would, at times, require presence on a building site
- The Head of CT Real Estate and Workplace will have one direct report; Manager, Workplace Operations, however the full CREW function the position will be responsible for consists of 16 Team Members.
- The Head of CT Real Estate and Workplace will also ultimately be responsible for outsourced cleaning and security staff.
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad
About GetSmarter and 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
GetSmarter is an online education company based in Cape Town. We collaborate with leading universities globally to offer premium continuing education short courses that allow working professionals to expand and update their skill set, and advance their careers. In 2017, GetSmarter was acquired by 2U, Inc, a leader in the online higher education market.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.