What We’re Looking For:
2U partners with elite postsecondary institutions globally to deliver the world’s best digital education. To achieve that goal, this position is responsible for engaging and winning the academic sale and establishing commitments with prospective university faculty and departmental/school administration for our GetSmarter Short Course Business, focusing on the United Kingdom. This is accomplished by optimizing course focus through aligning faculty vision with market demand, combined with best practices of digital education and learning theory; facilitating ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders; securing faculty buy-in; staging the brief-in process; and facilitating a smooth transition from preliminary discussions to project execution.
At present, this position calls for 3 working days per week (part-time, permanent).
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead faculty and other academic stakeholder conversations on 2U/GetSmarter's pedagogical approach and capabilities, and engage on how to best align their objectives with established and emerging design and production models.
- As part of the sales process, work with the business development team and General Managers and the SVP over our UK Portfolio on partner education and enhancing partner relationships.
- Leverage relationships with internal GetSmarter stakeholders to ensure that school faculty and university stakeholders understand the commitments to be made by the University for new course development.
- Align partner/faculty operational assumptions around 2U/GetSmarter’s course production schedule and course offering details.
- Ensure that Faculty are committed to deadlines and that all new courses are briefed in on schedule to meet the established business objectives.
- Maintain positive faculty and administrator perceptions regarding 2U/GetSmarter and the overall experience in delivering their short course(s) through sound knowledge of the current and historic short course product, as well as innovative design thinking and proactive problem solving.
- Confirm that internal stakeholders understand all university-specific procedural hurdles to launch short courses, and liaise on any requested adaptations to the standard process.
- As the sales process progresses, ensure relevant information is gathered and communicated, and necessary expectations are set with faculty in order to meet brief-in deadlines.
- Engage in regular reporting and ongoing communication with operations and planning teams to inform resourcing and revenue/launch projections.
- Serve as the conduit between 2U/GetSmarter stakeholders and prospective university/faculty partners on short course design and production conversations.
- Share knowledge and context gained during the sales cycle about faculty and the course(s) in question with the course design and production teams and other relevant internal stakeholders to set up relationships for success.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 7+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Higher or continuing education experience in a curriculum planning or learning design capacity.
- Experience working with university faculty and/or leadership.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Proven track record for fostering long term, successful business relationships at various levels of seniority.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong self-initiative and results orientation.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex relationships.
- Executive-level presentation skills.
- Possess a credible level of experience/expertise in technology and education and their intersection.
- Strong skills in facilitating conversations, negotiating and mediating discussions.
- 30% (primarily within the UK, concentrated in London, Oxford and Cambridge).
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.