What We’re Looking For:
This role is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the execution of Course Development projects. This involves liaising with key project stakeholders and reporting back to the project manager as well as providing support to the wider Project Management team. A project coordinator may also be required to manage local projects of their own.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide administrative support to the project manager and the wider Project Management team.
- Update project documents including project plans, work breakdown structures and project status updates.
Coordination and Communication
- Support the Project Manager in the daily management of their portfolio including the development of international online education courses.
- Support the Project Manager in scheduling and attending Daily Stand Ups (DSU’s) and weekly meetings with project teams in order to measure project progress.
- Work with the Project Manager in proactively solving problems, doing scenario planning and managing change around project delays.
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with project timelines.
- Contribute to the overall success and growth of the project management team through collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- 1-3 years work experience - experience in a Project Management environment advantageous.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- This role is a fixed term contract.
- Schedule and working hours may vary as a result of working across various time zones to align with group requirements.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.