What We’re Looking For:
As a Project Manager at 2U Cape Town your role will revolve largely around communication, planning and problem solving. You will work closely with a vast array of team members from different functions within and outside the organization.
You will be responsible for leading our Course Development teams to deliver our educational products on time, within scope and within budget through daily management of timelines, creative problem solving and stakeholder management. A typical day will include leading a number of project meetings, communicating with stakeholders through a variety of mediums, updating status reports and project plans.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage detailed daily communication with internal and external project stakeholders at all levels.
- Lead, manage and motivate our development teams as they work to create both local and international online education courses.
- Design project plans and work breakdown structures.
- Draft and update project documents including budgets, project charters, project plans, communications plans and resource reports.
- Run Daily Stand-Up (DSU’s) and weekly status meetings with project teams in order to measure and track project progress.
- Creative problem-solving, scenario planning and change management.
- Manage deliverables and timelines with the subject matter expert and university convenors to ensure alignment with project timelines.
- Work closely with university stakeholders to build & maintain strong, collaborative relationships that aid in solidifying our partnerships.
Process Improvement and Collaboration
- Contribute to the overall success and growth of the Project Management team through collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with team members from multiple functions to refine and improve processes.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- An undergraduate qualification with 3+ years work experience, at least 2 years experience in a Project Management environment.
- Experience managing and/or working with budgets.
- Proficiency in Google Apps, Smartsheets or Asana is desirable.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment demonstrating strong skills in facilitation and influencing.
- 2 - 3 years of people management experience.
- Attention to the right detail.
- Ability to organise, prioritize and allocate workload.
- Creative problem-solving and decision making abilities.
- Ability to be flexible and deal with change constructively.
- Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships effectively.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- This role is a fixed term contract.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.