Summary of Job:
Senior individual contributor role responsible for establishing, cultivating and expanding relationships into existing universities and new universities resulting in new contracts focused primarily on the short course product but may include additional products. In this role, the successful applicant will own all aspects of the sales cycle, from pipeline generation, nurturing, contracting, signature and transition to implementation. This person will work very closely with the program management team as existing partners to ensure best coordination and relationship management while identifying and delivering on growth opportunities.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Pipeline Management: Implement partnership development strategies to drive revenue growth across existing 2U partners. This will primarily focus on short courses.
- Sales Process Management: Autonomously move new opportunities through an efficient sales process and into contract.
- Relationship Management: Develop and build strong relationships with university partners and 2U internal teams in service of elevating and expanding our campus footprint. The successful candidate will be capable of signing multi-course and product opportunities at a university at the same time.
- Understand Complex Systems: Represent all facets of the product and development process to the highest levels of university and school administration. This includes everything from formal faculty presentations to Board of Trustee presentations and hosted social engagement (dinners, etc).
- Contract Management: Socialize all major deal points through the sales process ensuring university is aware of all key contract points at time of negotiation. Actively manage the internal contract process with our 2U General Counsel.
- Market synthesis: Provide discipline specific market insights that add value to partner conversations. Have an informed opinion about online education and higher education; be a thought-leader both internally and externally.
- Travel: Regular travel expected and dependent on potential partnership opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree.
- 15 years of experience, 5 years of prior experience in sales and leadership positions.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, organizational and motivational skills.
- Experience in project management, communications, and change management.
- Experience in the development of executive-level briefings, presentations and analysis.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and tasks concurrently.