What We’re Looking For:
As Director of Operations, you will be responsible for the business, workflow and people operations that enable 2U’s Creative Studios to produce industry-defining work. Success in this role lies in problem solving through strong relationships with the VP of Creative Studios and the VP of Short Course Operations to achieve the broader company priorities, which is to ensure 2U is affiliated with creative effectiveness and innovation in edtech. Through the use of data and with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of the creative and production process including business operations (budget, legal and procurement), creative resourcing, studio operations and production best practices, your role will enable the studio to efficiently and effectively service the broader 2U business across multiple product lines. Flexibility would be required to occasionally accommodate US/ UK or other time zones.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Partner with relevant roles to evaluate and analyse departmental productivity and performance.
- Provide operational direction to assist in solving any challenges Creative Studios may face to drive efficiency and improve business profit margin.
- Assess and optimise success metrics and provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Develop dashboards for CS leadership to ensure that Creative Studios is strategically making data-driven decisions to drive and improve results.
- Proactively research, plan and execute projects that are aligned with Creative Studio's annual priorities to drive measurable operational results.
- Review and set divisional financial budgets with the Vice President of Creative Studios and the departmental directors and senior directors based on growth trajectory and business needs.
- Assume responsibility of departmental budgets and forecasts for capital, resources and quarterly and annual departmental priority goal setting.
- Work with the CS and Operations leadership to ideate and execute strategic plans to drive the company's business objectives through Creative Studios.
- Provide strategic direction in partnership with VP of Creative Studios and VP of Short Course Operations that assist in solving any challenges Creative Studios may be facing.
- Evaluate, analyse and plan the integration of Creative Studios workflow across departments to drive business and divisional alignment.
- Identify and improve current systems and processes to ensure sustainable and scalable growth.
- Optimise these engagements by continuously leveraging data insights to enable further impact.
- Manage Creative Studios short course operational activities through a framework of quality, productivity and cost expectations.
- Work with the Learning and Marketing teams to ensure proper planning and alignment of resources to achieve the goals of the business production pipeline.
- Manage and operationalise viable innovation within Creative Studios to strategically drive quality and efficiency in line with business objectives.
- Ensure that strategic initiatives from Creative Studio are of industry-leading quality.
- Develop the Creative Studios hiring drivers and resourcing models that results in accurate hiring forecasts and minimal variance.
- Work with your HR business partner to:
- Manage a team of operation managers and resource coordinators.
- Execute talent-initiated strategies that maximise employee engagement and diversity.
- Foster a “growth mindset” culture to ensure collaboration, accountability and ownership of the business throughout the team.
- Lead through Relationships and live out 2U’s Guiding Principles.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 8+ years industry-relevant experience.
- 5+ years experience in operations management, leadership and people management.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required. Graduate degree preferred (business, management, sciences).
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Demonstrated team leadership skills (coaching and facilitation) and the ability to work independently as required.
- Strong organisational, time management, planning, and creativity skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees (including Senior Management), with a high customer service focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Future-focused, purpose-driven and high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and Adaptability Quotient (AQ).
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.