What We’re Looking For:
The purpose of a mid-level content writer is to research, ideate and write marketing content collateral, of an industry-leading standard, that supports the company's marketing goals and adheres to the 2U brand and University Partner style guides.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Execute a range of content creation tasks including: infographics, quizzes, guides, videos, presentations and articles for distribution across a variety of marketing channels.
- Ability to research, write, and edit persuasive, SEO-optimised copy for use in a variety of content formats and across multiple marketing and media channels, in support of business goals and objectives.
- Respond to and conceptualise briefs with well-researched, error-free content that cites authoritative sources using the prescribed method.
- Ensure all marketing content produced follows 2U compliance standards for marketing content. Ensure content adheres to the correct tone and style - as set out by the associated University Partner or brand style guide.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to discuss brief and proposed angles. Develop innovative ideas to help improve problem areas in process or skills shortage and present ideas to content manager/lead.
- Manage own task list and ensure all projects are delivered within the stipulated deadline and process.
- Identify potential challenges in process or brief and present solutions to content manager/lead.
- Build good interpersonal relationships and collaborate within Content, Creative Studios, and greater team.
- Review own content to ensure free of spelling and grammatical mistakes and consistent with University Partner/brand style guide.
- Provide feedback to offer peers (particularly junior peers) constructive feedback to improve writing from a content flow, style guide.
- Give informal guidance/mentorship to junior content writers. Lead specific knowledge share sessions at team forum at Manager's discretion.
- Participate in training to further development, raising any areas of development with Lead/Manager.
- Keep up to date with content marketing trends and consistent up-skilling both formally and informally.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- A formal tertiary qualification in English/Journalism or related fields, backed by 3-5 years of working experience.
- An ability to write content that is free of grammatical and spelling mistakes, well-researched, persuasive and SEO-optimised.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Effective, clear and professional communication.
- Ability to collaborate and manage relationships in a matrix environment.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Creative problem-solving and innovative thinking.
- Ability to give and receive feedback effectively.
- Growth mindset to continuously learn and develop.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity, pressure and constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.