What We’re Looking For:
The main purpose of a Mid Digital DTP Operator is to execute and produce creative collateral, of a high standard, for all our Marketing and Brand Communications in keeping with the company and university partners' visual style guides. A Mid Digital DTP Operator is responsible for rolling out digital media and printed collateral according to specific design specs with immaculate precision and speed while being able to closely follow the creative direction. A Mid Digital DTP Operator needs to have a good understanding of different formats, mediums and platforms to be able to optimise work to achieve great engagement.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- QA of work against a brief.
- Produce creative collateral of an industry-leading standard.
- Informal peer review of junior work.
- Conceptual work expected with guidance from Senior/Lead.
- Staying informed of industry trends and sharing with the team.
- Engage in team training to further personal & departmental development.
- Establish relationships with team and stakeholders.
- Informal guidance to co-workers.
- Improve and build on skills gaps.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Design Diploma/Degree).
- Evidence of experience within the listed responsibilities.
- Technical knowledge and computer literacy essential: Adobe CC, Invision, understanding of HTML and CSS, good knowledge of different social platforms and their limitations.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Effective, clear and professional communication.
- Ability to collaborate and manage relationships in a matrix environment.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Creative problem-solving and innovative thinking.
- Ability to give and receive feedback effectively.
- Growth mindset to continuously learn and develop.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity, pressure and constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.