What We’re Looking For:
The main purpose of a Mid Digital DTP Operator is to execute and produce creative collateral, of a high standard, for all our Marketing and Brand Communications in keeping with the company and university partners' visual style guides. A Mid Digital DTP Operator is responsible for rolling out digital media according to specific design specs with immaculate precision and speed while being able to closely follow the creative direction. A Mid Digital DTP Operator needs to have a good understanding of different formats, mediums and platforms to be able to optimise work to achieve great engagement.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- QA of work against a brief.
- Produce creative collateral of an industry-leading standard.
- Informal peer review of junior work.
- Conceptual work expected with guidance from Senior/Lead.
- Staying informed of industry trends and sharing with the team.
- Engage in team training to further personal & departmental development.
- Establish relationships with team and stakeholders.
- Informal guidance to co-workers.
- Improve and build on skills gaps.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Design Diploma/Degree).
- Evidence of experience within the listed responsibilities.
- Technical knowledge and computer literacy essential: Adobe CC, Invision, understanding of HTML and CSS, good knowledge of different social platforms and their limitations.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Effective, clear and professional communication.
- Ability to collaborate and manage relationships in a matrix environment.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Creative problem-solving and innovative thinking.
- Ability to give and receive feedback effectively.
- Growth mindset to continuously learn and develop.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity, pressure and constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.