Key Role and Responsibilities:
Conceptual (quality of problem-solving and brainstorming ability)
- Should be able to conceptualise and answer briefs autonomously and brainstorm visual solutions with marketing and brand stakeholders
- Engage with more complex ideation and conceptualise visuals .
- Should be able to proactively suggest innovative and functional visual solutions in support of campaign outcomes.
- Engage in team training to further personal & departmental development.
- Assist Leads/Specialists/Manager with process strategies and principles for brand design that meet the requirements of the team as a whole.
- Collaborate with other departments and the rest of the Creative team to understand project needs and ensure output of the highest quality.
Communication (quality of written & verbal communication and relationships)
- Effective, clear and professional communication of concepts, ideas and processes.
- Good interpersonal skills and relationships with team.
- Give and receive feedback effectively.
- Improve and build on skills gaps.
Initiative (quality of proactive ideas and innovations)
- Sharing ideas and trends with wider team.
- Drive an implement innovations in collaboration with Lead and Senior.
- Leadership (level of training, mentoring, managing and upskilling)
- Informal guidance and mentoring to co-workers (proportional to years of experience).
- Lead specific training sessions in line with expertise.
Quality Assurance (level of design output and level of reviewing required to obtain desired output)
- Staying informed of trends and sharing with team.
- Self review.
- Informal QA encouraged.
- Work QA’d against brief by Lead Graphic Designer with mentoring by Senior Designers.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years relevant industry experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Design Diploma/Degree).
- Strong design, conceptual and illustrative skills using the Adobe CC suite (UI/ HTML knowledge advantageous).
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.