What We’re Looking For:
Reporting to a Creative Studios Operations Manager, the Creative Studios Operations Coordinator's role is to handle the day-to-day activities that ensure smooth, efficient business processes and functions, whilst continually optimising current workflow and tools. The role requires exceptional time management skills, good communication abilities, and an understanding of task-tracking and project management approaches.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Assist with the development of associated frameworks, structures, tools, templates for process management activities, and ensure all best practice processes are followed.
- Create and iterate all Creative Studios processes documentation and ensure all processes are formally communicated to internal team members and external stakeholders.
- Ensure Creative Studios’ quality and output is high at all times, through the implementation of optimised processes and systems that result in improved effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Ensure that processes are followed by all internal team members and external stakeholders.
Assist with the creation and management of project plans, team resources, monitoring and reporting on project progress, risks and issues.
- Support any projects that are aligned with achieving Creative Studios’ quarterly and yearly priorities, and the resource and time management thereof.
- Assist managers with the planning and management of special projects.
- Assist the Ops Manager with the creation of weekly and monthly reports
- Report on teams’ capacity and productivity daily and weekly.
- Manage allocation of resources within teams.
Identify improvements, process gap analyses and process redesigns within Creative Studios.
- Investigate and identify opportunities for improvements or process redesigns across Creative Studios and other related departments. Develop subsequent recommendations and present to Operations Manager, Creative Studios broader management team and external stakeholders.
- Develop plans and organise work in a manner that supports daily output rates while maintaining overall high standard of quality.
- Provide operational guidance in all areas of work for any Creative Studios team member.
Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to understand current pain points and develop a needs assessment.
- Act as intermediary between Creative Studios and other departments to foster collaboration and communication to improve processes.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 2-5 years of experience in an operations management and process improvement environment.
- University Degree.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the following skill sets: time, operations and project management (within a creative environment is a plus).
- Proficient computer data analysis skills and mastery of Google sheets.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Ability to negotiate and influence others to drive projects to successful outcomes.
- Solid presentation, oral, and written interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently with little direction and as an integral part of a team.
- Quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.