What We’re Looking For:
Reporting to the Director, Creative Studios, the Operations Manager's role is to plan, direct and manage all Creative Studio’s operations. The role is responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies across a multidisciplinary creative team. The Operations Manager will manage a team of Operations Coordinators and Traffic Coordinators as direct reports.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Evaluate and analyse departmental productivity and performance and recommend corrective action to drive efficiency to improve business profit margin.
- Proactively research, plan and execute projects that are aligned with achieving Creative Studio's annual priorities to drive measurable operational results.
- Develop dashboards for Managers and Directors to ensure that Creative Studios is making data-driven decisions to drive productivity and quality.
Collaborate with Operations Coordinator and Traffic Coordinator and external stakeholders to identify and improve current systems and processes to ensure sustainable and scalable growth.
- Continually assess opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of divisional activities.
Planning, oversight, and integration of Creative Studios operations across departments to drive business and divisional alignment.
- Develop and manage Creative Studios operational activities through a framework of quality, productivity and cost expectations.
- Work with the CS Learning and Marketing Team Leads to ensure proper planning and alignment of resources to achieve the goals of the business production pipeline and marketing KPIs.
- Develop and create Creative Studios hiring drivers and resourcing models that result in accurate hiring forecasts, with minimal variance.
- Champion an environment conducive to continuous improvement and innovation that drives Creative Studios towards improving daily workflow and achieving annual business priorities.
Lead teams and individuals by providing feedback, positive reinforcement and/or suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Lead and manage a team of: Operations Coordinators and Traffic Coordinators as direct reports.
- Effectively utilize the performance management system in compliance with company guidelines for performance appraisals and management.
- Actively support all Creative Studios Operations team members in successful planning and implementation of individual development plans.
- Enhance “growth mindset” culture to ensure collaboration, accountability and ownership of the business throughout the team.
- Work with HR to develop, implement and manage an effective retention strategy.
- Promote a culture where colleagues feel valued and developed by creating open and trusting working relationships in a cross functional environment.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 6+ years industry-relevant experience.
- 5+ years experience in operations management, leadership and people management.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field is required.
- Agile Project Management Certification.
- Six Sigma Black Belt (advantageous).
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Demonstrated ability in leading cross-functional organizational improvement project teams to success.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently as required.
- Strong organizational, time management, planning, and creativity skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees (including Senior Management), with a high customer service focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Future-focused, purpose-driven and high Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
- Lead and manage Operations Coordinators and Traffic Coordinators as direct reports.
- Indirect support to Creative Studios Leadership team.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.