Key Role and Responsibilities:
Perform course VP tasks to best ability at industry-leading quality (minimal supervision needed). Pre-production (scripting, scheduling, planning), through production (filming in-studio or on-location) and post production (media management, editing, graphic and animation conception and briefing).
Manage timelines and deadlines of assigned projects.
Lead trips with Jr VP as second (at manager's discretion). This entails interaction with and direction of the convenors and logistical and technical management of the shoots.
- Edit scripts (semi-supervised), as well as conceptualise complex graphics and basic interactive elements.
- Effective, clear and professional communications with project stakeholders within and without 2U.
- Drive and implement, along with Lead/Senior VPs, new and innovative practices and techniques.
- Engage in team training to further personal & departmental development.
Education and Experience:
- Excellence in at least one aspect of Video Production (Shooting/Lighting or Editing/Grading).
- Proof of conceptual ability.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrable regard and respect from colleagues/teachers/mentors.
- Examples of initiative taken in the past.
- 3+ years work experience.
- Tertiary Education in relevant field or 5+ years work experience.
Mid VP will be required to travel globally to film courses and marketing content for university partners.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organisations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.