What We’re Looking For:
The Enterprise Operations Specialist is the person responsible for the administrative tasks related to student engagement and retention for 2U’s short course, boot camp, and graduate degree programs. They drive student engagement and retention by delivering operational and functional excellence, contributing to a smooth and seamless student experience.
They are accountable for ensuring prospect/student-level CRM data is up-to-date, accurately transferred between systems, and internal tickets are resolved according to individual and team-level KPIs.
Enterprise Operations Specialists report to the Enterprise Operations Manager, and will provide administrative support to a range of domestic and international graduate programmes, coding boot camps, and short courses.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide administrative support for the Student Engagement teams by performing various tasks related to student attrition and retention.
- Ensuring data accuracy between internal systems and university systems.
- Helping Student Success Managers (short course and DGP/IGP), University Services Managers, Admissions Managers, and other key stakeholders across all 2U business lines make data-driven retention and yield decisions based on student activities/progress in the LMS and CRM.
- Informing strategic business decisions based on end of term survey data analysis.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms to both internal & external stakeholders.
- Provide regular scheduled communications and program deliverable updates.
- Provide assessment of critical situations and determine when escalation is required.
- Monitor & report on student behaviour through tracking attendance, application/classroom login activity, and grades, escalating through appropriate channels when necessary.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a service-oriented, customer support or related field.
- Knowledge of the edtech industry (beneficial).
- A critical and analytical thinker with strong problem solving abilities.
- Fluent in the English language (verbal and written).
- Excellent writing skills for email communication and report writing.
- Data literate.
- Proficient with Google Suite.
- Previous experience with a CRM and project management tool like JIRA beneficial.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support). You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in presentation and production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompt and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- You may be required to work outside of normal South African working hours with shifts ranging from (8 AM - 10 PM), a reliable form of transport is essential.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.