What We’re Looking For:
A Global Success Manager is passionate about helping our students succeed, and are the frontline custodians of tier-one university partner brands and 2U’s brand. Global Success Managers are responsible for providing world-class, personalised course support solutions to students and Tutors from across the globe, with a primary focus on exceptional customer experience and retention.
They offer support to students 24/7 and they are required to be flexible and agile with shift work. Their mandate is to help our students succeed through a fast, responsive resolution focused approach to administrative and technical queries in line with set KPIs, personalised interactions, and proactive problem-solving.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide fast, effective and personalised support to students via phone, chat, email, remote software, and on the online discussion forums.
- Resolve administrative or technical queries from students by clarifying the student's query; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to remove any barriers on the student’s learning journey.
- Escalate student queries to internal teams via pre-defined channels and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Provide world class customer experience by going the extra mile to engage students.
- Provide proactive support to students by creating content for the Student Help Centre and work to actively promote self-help to students.
Process Adherence & Improvement
- Manage your own time and availability to ensure we deliver our 24/7 support model.
- Ensure student interactions are categorised and tagged correctly.
- Adhere to all internal and interdepartmental processes and procedures.
- Provide daily and weekly KPIs updates to the Global Success Team Lead to ensure a high level of performance and professional development.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the support provided to stakeholders during the presentation of courses.
- Maintain an advanced technical knowledge of Online Campus and GetSmarter short course delivery to diagnose & escalate issues.
- Utilise an in-depth understanding of the technical functions of the Online Campus to guide a student or tutor in navigating the course and, where necessary, troubleshooting technical problems.
- Provide technical support to students and tutors during live classroom sessions. Ensure that the live classroom is setup and that the session is recorded.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- A holder of a relevant tertiary education preferably in education, technology, or 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, consistently amicable and responsive in dealing with all people, both externally and internally.
- Ability to simply convey concepts, principles and procedures via multiple channels such as email, phone and chat.
- Self-manage workload through the use of data and metrics to drive efficiency. Ability to handle a constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during times of reduced capacity requirement, be able to multitask effectively during times of high capacity requirement, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Technical proficiency in working on different systems (training will be provided); telephone, email, and remote login support.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support). You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in presentation and production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompt and manage them appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Being truly customer-centric starts with the recognition that a business exists to serve its customers. Without them, our business doesn’t exist. This requires a unique mix of servant leadership and empathy as we work to understand customers who each have a unique background and context.
- A focus on self-development is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to be invested in growth and look to jointly share and contribute to a feedback rich culture.
- You may be required to work outside of normal South African working hours (8 AM - 5 PM), a reliable form of transport is essential.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.