What We’re Looking For:
The Student Success Advisor is responsible for managing student attrition through providing proactive, reactive, comprehensive and exceptional customer service to students on our Masters Programs. This position is the critical first line of defense in executing 2U’s world class service level for its students, graduates and faculty. The Student Support Advisor will be assigned a group of enrolled students and is expected to facilitate every need of those students including but not limited to the following:
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Student Support and Service
- Assisting in student on-boarding to include online orientation, registration and live training, as well as conducting Welcome Calls with students immediately upon enrollment.
- Provide fast, effective support and personalised communication to student queries via email, phone, and on the online discussion forums.
- Utilise an in-depth understanding of the technical functions of the Online Campus to guide a student in navigating the course.
- Troubleshooting student support issues and coordinate solutions in accordance with all university policies, to include basic technical issues in the LMS.
- Provide an assessment of critical situations and determine when escalation is required via pre-defined channels and follow up to ensure resolution within Service Level Agreement.
- Identify and refer students to University Academic Advising for additional support.
- Ensure Fast, Friendly, Accurate, Professional, Comprehensive delivery of service for a world-class customer experience.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms to University stakeholders, students and internally.
- Internally provide regular scheduled communications and program deliverables.
- Provide assessment of critical situations and determine when escalation is required.
- Problem solve when faced with critical situations and determine when escalation is required.
- Self-manage workload through the use of data and metrics to drive efficiency in order to meet defined KPIs and participate in regular qualitative coaching and development feedback.
- Remain up-to-date on departmental processes and resolution procedures through ongoing training and development.
- Empowered to be adaptable in every situation and to empower others.
Retention and Recovery
- Successfully retain students by understanding their needs and be knowledgeable on effective strategy to deploy in various scenarios.
- Manage student retention through providing proactive, reactive, comprehensive and exceptional customer service.
- Accountable for student retention and credit goals. Implement strategies as directed to positively impact key metrics (i.e.: graduation rates, student satisfaction, student retention goals, and credit generation).
- Analyze program and student data to estimate credit pacing, raw credit productions including intuitive reasoning to forecast appropriately.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- A completed University Degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a service-oriented, customer support or related field.
- Strong customer service background required. Previous experience providing exceptional customer service in a collegiate or university environment is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with online learning technology prefered.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Familiarity with using technology in an educational setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, personal, tactful, and concise manner.
- Strong student-centered, customer service focus; commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success.
- Ideal candidate has a passion for building and maintaining relationships with their team and the students.
- Flexibility to work scheduled evening or weekend hours, 2-3 times a week, to support students during peak evening and weekend times.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.