What We’re Looking For:
Our Success Advisors are passionate about helping our students succeed and are the front line custodians of tier-one university partner brands and 2U’s brand. Success Advisors are responsible for providing world-class, personalised course support solutions to students on a portfolio of online short courses, building a one-to-one meaningful relationship, with a primary focus on exceptional customer experience and retention.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Student Support and Service
- Provide fast, effective support and personalised communication to student queries via email, phone, and on the online discussion forums.
- Utilise an in-depth understanding of the technical functions of the Online Campus to guide a student in navigating the course and, where necessary, have basic knowledge on how to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Provide an assessment of critical situations and determine when escalation is required to internal teams via pre-defined channels and follow up to ensure resolution within Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure Fast, Friendly, Accurate, Professional, Comprehensive delivery of service for a world-class customer experience.
- Employ creative thinking and problem solving techniques to provide finance-related, student records and certification related support.
- Self-manage workload through the use of data and metrics to drive efficiency in order to meet defined KPIs and participate in regular qualitative coaching and development feedback.
- Remain up-to-date on departmental processes and resolution procedures through ongoing training and development.
- Empowered to be adaptable in every situation and to empower others.
Retention and Recovery
- Successfully retain students by understanding their needs and be knowledgeable on effective strategies to deploy in various scenarios.
- Make recommendations and decisions on when to apply; extension, suspension, deferral, and cancellation requests and the creation of remediation and support plans in collaboration with associated Tutor teams.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably in communications, psychology, social sciences or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a service-oriented, customer support or related role.
- Demonstrated passion for customer service in the interests of the business and customer.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated proficiency in telephonic engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, consistently amicable and responsive in dealing with all people, both externally and internally.
- Ability to simply convey concepts, principles and procedures via multiple channels such as email, phone and chat.
- Understanding of technical and business processes at a high level.
- Minimum technical proficiency in working on different systems (training will be provided).
- Questioning, taking ownership of and simplifying the tasks to achieve business outcomes.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressured environment and you will be expected to self-direct to achieve the accountabilities associated with your role.
- Being truly customer-centric starts with the recognition that a business exists to serve its customers. Without them, our business doesn’t exist. This requires a unique mix of servant leadership and empathy as we work to understand customers who each have a unique background and context.
- Success Managers are the front-line custodians for the best universities in the world. Students have a higher expectation of service because of this important signifier. This offers greater exposure for Success Managers as you co-brand with a tier-one portfolio of courses, and it simultaneously requires a greater focus on quality.
- As 2U’s portfolio is internationally based, you may be required to work outside of normal South African working hours (8 AM - 5 PM SAST), a reliable form of transport is necessary.
- A focus on self-development is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to be invested in growth and look to jointly share and contribute to a feedback rich culture.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions independently.
- 2U is scaling up, which means that things change fairly regularly. You will need to thrive in an evolving environment and grapple with new changes as we continuously look to optimise our business model and product.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.