Summary of Job:
Our Success Managers are passionate about helping our students succeed and are the frontline custodians of tier-one university partner brands and 2U’s brand. Dedicated Success Managers are responsible for providing premium, personalised course support solutions to students on a portfolio of online short courses, building a one-to-one meaningful relationship, with a primary focus on exceptional customer experience and retention.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide fast, effective support and personalised communication to student queries via email, phone, and on the online discussion forums.
- Utilise an in-depth understanding of the technical functions of the Online Campus to guide a student in navigating the course and, where necessary, have basic knowledge on how to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Provide an assessment of critical situations and determine when escalation is required to internal teams via pre-defined channels and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Employ creative thinking and problem solving techniques to provide finance-related, student records and certification related support.
- Self-manage workload through the use of data and metrics to drive efficiency in order to meet defined KPIs and participate in regular qualitative coaching and development feedback. Remain up-to-date on departmental processes and resolution procedures through ongoing training and development.
- Successfully retain students through the management of extension, suspension, deferral, and cancellation requests and the creation of personalised remediation and support plans in collaboration with associated Tutor teams.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree preferred, preferably in communications, psychology, social sciences or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a service-oriented, customer support or related role.
- Demonstrated passion for customer service in the interests of the business and customer.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated proficiency in telephonic engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, consistently amicable and responsive in dealing with all people, both externally and internally.
- Ability to simply convey concepts, principles and procedures via multiple channels such as email, phone and chat.
- Understanding of technical and business process at a high level.
- Minimum technical proficiency in working on different systems (training will be provided).
- Questioning, taking ownership of and simplifying the tasks to achieve business outcomes.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.