Summary of Job:
The person we hire will share our passion for transforming how education is delivered. The Director of Short Courses drives operational priorities for their business and serves as the primary liaison for all matters related to workflow, processes and systems integration.
The ideal candidate will have the rare combination of operational know-how and strategic instinct. We are looking for someone who has a unique blend of experience; someone who will roll up their sleeves and take ownership, who can analyze portfolio trends in order to identify and drive strategic initiatives, who has demonstrated success in a leadership role, who has experience in creating and improving processes, who can create software and systems requirements, who is technically-minded, and who can effectively communicate and be comfortable both in the academic world and in a dynamic fast-growing company. Strong candidates will have a demonstrated record of success working in uncertain environments, having delivered on business priorities with guidelines but not explicit instructions from management. This is a client-facing role that requires being able to balance multiple projects, priorities, and detail while cultivating a trusted relationship with the university partner.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Process Development and Improvement
- Think critically and strategically about current processes, systems and relationships and identify possible issues before they become issues
- Manage and create workflow, processes and documentation between systems and groups
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the team – update and adapt to changes as needed
- Set and continually manage and communicate project expectations within team
- Prioritize requests and escalate as required to senior management
- Identify and troubleshoot problem areas
- Conduct project post mortems and creating recommendation reports
- Identify opportunities for improvement and growth within the portfolio
- Think creatively and drive initiatives from inception to implementation
- Work collaboratively with 2U departments to launch new initiatives
- Effectively manage relationships and projects both within 2U and with the university partners to ensure overall success of the short courses within the portfolio
- Effectively communicate all relevant information to various stakeholders within 2U and with the university partner
- Understand complex short course offerings, processes and organizational structures and be able to function effectively within them
- Reporting, Budgeting & Revenue/Invoice Reconciliation
- Perform data analysis and compilation for tracking and reporting purposes
- Compile various reports, PPT’s and other materials for reporting short course information to various stakeholders
- Manage oversight of budgets and ensure spending within targets, identifying sources of variance and potential remedies or opportunities
- Provide financial oversight in the development and tracking of short course budgets, including but not limited to reconciliation, reporting, and understanding of variances.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6-8 years experience, with roles in operations or project management
- Strong project management skills essential
- Excellent computer skills (MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office inclusive of Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to execute work based on objectives rather than explicit instructions
- Focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and excellent follow through
- Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities effectively
- Ability to think critically and identify potential issues before they arise
- Travel will be required from time to time with appropriate notice.
- Irregular work schedule required to accommodate meetings across different time zones.
- Relevant residence or documentation to work in the South Africa