What We’re Looking For:
The main purpose of the role is to deliver on the editorial quality assurance of short course content, ensuring alignment with quality standards and styles of the university and 2U. The role is focused on editing and proofreading written and multimedia course content, as well as conducting quality assurance of editing and proofreading work performed by other members of the team. This is a fixed term contract position.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Edit and proofread written and multimedia course content according to internal quality frameworks and university standards.
- Conduct quality assurance of team members’ work to ensure quality standards are met, and arrange or facilitate training as needed to address any gaps or areas for improvement.
- Recommend and implement improvements to department processes, with a focus on quality and efficiency.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 1+ years’ experience in a copy-editing role.
- A university qualification in linguistics, English, Journalism, publishing, law or similar, completed in English.
- Excellent written skills, including thorough knowledge of grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation; and comfort working with both UK and US conventions.
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organisational skills: ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressured environment.
- Good interpersonal skills to facilitate training.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Editing and/or proofreading professional certification preferred.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.