Summary of Job:
Is the person responsible for overseeing user experience (UX) work on projects and enhancements across learning environments, and the contribution towards and support in implementation of UX methodologies into product and business processes and strategy.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Contributing towards and supporting in the fullstack of UX design disciplines at an intermediate level, including:
- Creating design mockups and prototyping.
- Solving user problems using design thinking.
- Defining user flows and interactions.
- Testing the usability of the product.
- Information architecture, and communicating user needs.
- Reporting back on project results.
Presenting measurable results that validate design decisions and demonstrate the effectiveness of a solution, and where possible, enabling other team members to measure and interpret metrics in their own capacity.
Contributing towards and helping to maintain UX guidelines and principles to be followed and adopted not only by the UX designers, but by anyone who is a part of influencing the development of a user experience within a product development lifecycle.
Education and Experience:
- 2 or more years of experience in UX design while working closely with a software development team.
- Portfolio of examples of UX design work, in order to demonstrate solving a problem through analysis and then design.
- Experience working with software that creates mockups and prototypes. We use Sketch and InVision, but equivalents could also be considered as experience.
- Experience working with user behaviour data collection software. We use Google Analytics, Hotjar and UserTesting.com, but equivalents could also be considered as experience.
- Nice-to-haves: Relevant degree or qualification, a backend language skill, database experience, basic understanding of API calls, exposure to product management.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.