What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for individuals to support the ongoing maintenance of the existing short course portfolio from presentation to presentation. This is done through the implementation of iterative review changes and updates that ensure ongoing relevance, up-to-date content, pedagogical soundness, and accuracy. Iterations Officers are responsible for documenting, consolidating and implementing ongoing changes to course presentations on the Online Campus (Moodle) based on feedback from external stakeholders (faculty, tutors and students), and internal presentation teams. They participate in and action urgent updates raised through the course queries process, and smaller tweaks/”hot fixes” arising out of the Quality Forum, as well as larger maintenance project work through reviews and evaluations. Success in this role is defined by one's ability to problem-solve, while balancing academic, technological, and human concerns against tight delivery timelines.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Implement scheduled updates to course content (Evaluations, P1 reviews, time-sensitive reviews) by consulting with subject matter experts and/or the Head Tutor/Learning Facilitator to gather the necessary information and confirm the accuracy of the content changes.
- Manage, implement and resolve course queries (within 24 hours) and ad hoc changes through liaising directly with the production and presentation functions within the business, Head Tutors/Learning Facilitators and faculty as required.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- University degree required.
- Strong English language skills and experience in proofreading.
- Moodle or Learner Management System platform experience beneficial (entry- to mid-level).
- Computer literacy, including competence in using word processing and internet browsing applications, and email and online task management.
- Strong lateral thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Good work ethic and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to prioritise effectively under pressure.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Course Iterations is a new function in the Learning Experience team that combines Learning Design and Learning Technology expertise. You will need to be proactive in refining processes and systems, and manage ambiguity well.
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressured environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support). You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in Production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompts and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Feedback forms part of the daily rhythms in the company and you will need to be receptive to providing and receiving continuous feedback.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.