Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Resource management and capacity planning
- Work with Education Operations and Planning to develop the annual maintenance schedule.
- Perform upfront planning and resource allocations for all reviews based on the review/maintenance schedule.
- Conduct weekly sprint planning meetings for the Iterations teams. This includes assisting with due dates for ad hoc/unplanned work, understanding prioritisation and reprioritisation of key iterations’ tasks based on business demand, and ensuring that reviews tasks are completed on schedule with the support of the Iterations Project Manager.
- Serve as custodian for and manage the Course Queries process, including the associated system requirements.
Business Process Development and Improvement
- With the support of the Education Operations Manager and Head of Iterations identify opportunities to improve existing systems and processes that foster better collaboration, communication, innovation and improved output.
- Document and maintain key process documentation for the Iterations function.
- Lead the roll-out and training of new processes, process updates and systems changes within the Iterations function.
- Work closely with Project Management, Learning Design, Learning Technology and Creative studios to ensure effective workflows across multiple teams impacted by and reliant on the iterations function.
- Manage and communicate expectations around capacity, availability and deadlines for ad hoc work with key stakeholders including PGM, AS and SS.
- Manage key relationships with tech-enabling functions, like Data, to support the reporting requirements of the iterations function.
- Generate performance reports for the Head of Course Iterations to report on output, capacity/workloads, project statuses and issues.
- Gather, analyze, and relay relevant sprint data in weekly traffic meetings with the Iterations Leadership team.
- In collaboration with the Head of Course Iterations, work to reduce the amount of rework, and turnaround time per review task/project.
- Spec in any reporting requirements or enhancements to the Data team with the support of the Head of Course Iterations.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate / University degree required.
- Minimum 2-3 years demonstrated operational or project management experience.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and self-direct as needed.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has experience in creating and improving processes.
- Experience creating technical system requirements documents is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects and priorities with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized, process focused, desire for continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to interact with all personality types and with all levels of staff.
- Time management and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in project management (a plus).
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.