- Development of online technical short courses across learning environments, and University partners
- Liaise with Learning Designers to ensure the technical solutions implemented across courses meet the learning objectives as outlined in the Learning Design Plan.
- Liaise with Learning Technology Presentation and Student Success team in consideration of content, plugin or 3rd party integrations that impact delivery models.
- Adhere to course development quality standards and standard content upload methodologies.
- Support with quality control assurance through peer review and quality standards reviews.
- Support with the integration of new instructional toolkit activities and resources.
- Understanding and application of basic User Experience Design principles across desktop and mobile devices.
- Support with training of new team members and onboarding of Academic staff.
Product Development and instructional toolkit enhancements
- Advanced understanding and use of Moodle learning management system;
- Student enrolment.
- Course presentation specific settings.
- Activity and resource settings.
- Gradebook configuration and settings.
- Moodle site-wide configuration and settings.
- Integrated Development Environment testing.
- Plugin testing and configuration.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of business systems and process thinking.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
Course maintenance and management and implementation of all Learning Technology ad hoc requests and/or bug fixes across University partners and learning environments
- Receiving,assigning, and executing requests that require content changes/updates.
- Analysing and identifying ways to improve the process.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant degree or qualification beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience working on a Learning Management System or similar platform is essential.
What you'll get from us:
A high growth company that is rapidly emerging as a leader in the South African Edtech space
- Continuous training with opportunities for professional development
- A deep commitment to fostering a great work-life balance
- A huge support system
The opportunity to continue your own education: we pay for two continuing education GetSmarter short courses a year for every GetSmarter employee
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- Continuous professional development through our Sales Training Academy
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad
About GetSmarter and 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
GetSmarter is an online education company based in Cape Town. We collaborate with leading universities globally to offer premium continuing education short courses that allow working professionals to expand and update their skill set, and advance their careers. In 2017, GetSmarter was acquired by 2U, Inc, a leader in the online higher education market.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.