Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the curriculum design for technical short courses, ensuring alignment with internal quality standards and pedagogical best practice.
- Conduct ongoing quality checks of course content to ensure clear expectations of the level of quality that is expected, and support consistent high performance in the team. In addition, ensure that learning analytics and customer-generated data is used to make product improvements to new and existing courses.
- Support the technical short course Learning Designer(s) and Course Developer(s) to ensure that projects remain on track while adhering to internal quality standards, meeting university partner expectations, and aligning with market research findings.
- Address faculty concerns as well as any complaints relating to technical course content raised by external stakeholders, and work with appropriate cross-functional teams in communicating and resolving these issues. In addition, initiate and lead cross-functional efforts to identify, diagnose and resolve critical issues and significant risks relating to the development or maintenance of courses within the assigned portfolio.
- Think critically and strategically about existing processes and systems, and negotiate adaptations as needed to meet the needs of technical courses.
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years experience in the data industry
- Specific qualifications or technical skills
- Bachelor's degree (Stats, Engineering, Business Science preferred)
- Experience in data analysis and business intelligence
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in R and Python
- Experience working in statistics
- Experience in building machine learning models
- Experience in digital education or training (higher education experience preferred), specifically related to curriculum design and/or course production.
- Evidence of success in previous relationship management and/or project management interactions.
- Additional required skills:
- Strong lateral thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- A high level of confidence and professionalism, and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure; must be able to multitask in high-intensity situations.
- Analytical, strategic and logical thinker with good attention to detail.
- Time management, discipline, accountability, self-motivation and eagerness to learn.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team as well as on your own.
Strong candidates will have a demonstrated record of success working in uncertain environments. The role requires a solutions-oriented approach in a fast-paced environment, as well as a forward-looking focus on improving systemic issues. Successful candidates will be required to understand complex and shifting processes and organisational structures, and function effectively within them.
What you'll get from us:
A high growth company that is rapidly emerging as a leader in the South African Edtech space
- Continuous training with opportunities for professional development
- A deep commitment to fostering a great work-life balance
- A huge support system
The opportunity to continue your own education: we pay for two continuing education GetSmarter short courses a year for every GetSmarter employee
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- Continuous professional development through our Sales Training Academy
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad
About GetSmarter and 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
GetSmarter is an online education company based in Cape Town. We collaborate with leading universities globally to offer premium continuing education short courses that allow working professionals to expand and update their skill set, and advance their careers. In 2017, GetSmarter was acquired by 2U, Inc, a leader in the online higher education market.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.