Summary of Job:
The Campus Manager is responsible for the overall management of the office space and all internal operations of all 2U Cape Town facilities to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency, as well as a satisfied and engaged 2Ute workplace experience.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Operations and Space Management:
- Maintain and oversees CREW administrative systems.
- Oversee cleanliness of the office.
- Manage the facilities-related requests, complaints, and queries of 2Utes, to ensure quality service.
- Coordinate with Talent Management for new hire seating.
- Serve as the CREW point-of-contact.
- Work closely with the Communications Team when event setup is required.
- Oversee the smooth operation of the coffee stations and bar areas.
- Manage suppliers and prospective new suppliers to reduce costs and enhance the services provided to 2U, capitalising on economies of scale as we continue to grow.
- Oversee and optimise CREW budget.
- Oversee and manage the relationship and function of on-site restaurant/s.
- Assist Workplace Manager with implementing office upgrades and improvements.
- Coordinate the routine maintenance and service of furniture, appliances and physical structures.
- Ensure regular inspections of all workstations, conference room furniture and common spaces are carried out to ensure cleanliness and layout efficiency.
- As necessary, contract, troubleshoot or ensure minor repairs to furniture, appliances, fixtures, etc are made.
- Ensure all office maintenance issues are resolved as and when they arise.
- Oversee onsite contractors.
- Assist Workplace Manager with OHS company wide while managing compliance with OHS regulations.
- Ensure that the office space meets all rules and regulations in order to obtain an occupancy certificate.
- Serve as the first responder to physical space challenges.
- OHS responsibilities - Managing OHS committee, COIDA reporting, risk management, office safety, managing all admin related tasks, OHS induction, planning and running monthly meetings, organising training, team building and toolbox talks, keeping OHS files up to date. Managing OHS audits and fire drills/evacuations.
- Ensure compliance with all OHS requirements pertaining to an office.
- Maintain the Facilities Risk register ensuring risks are identified and resolved accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant authorities to ensure compliance with regards to health and safety.
- Together with the Facilities Coordinators, responsible for processing all services payments / invoices on the procurement system for submission to Finance.
- Responsible for the management and organising of the CREW shared and OHS Share folders on Campus Drive.
- Manage Campus Budget and Contracts.
- Relationship management with all relevant contractors and suppliers.
- Management of CREW team members.
- Ensure direct reports are meeting their priorities.
- Oversee development plans for direct reports.
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with direct reports.
- Dealing with conflict or any day to day issues that may arise within the Campus team.
- Motivate and support the CREW Team to be the best they can be.
- Delegation of tasks to CREW team.
- Hiring of new staff.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years experience within a facilities role.
- Completed First Aid and Firefighting training.
- Familiar with OHS standards and requirements.
- Minimum two year people management experience.
- Budget management experience.
- Expert problem solver.
- Proficient in the English language, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A can-do attitude.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.