What We’re Looking For:
The HR Coordinator is responsible for the employment contracting and maternity leave process as well as playing a supportive role to the HR and Talent Management teams.
The HR Coordinator is also responsible for managing relationships with important stakeholders, such as, but not limited to Sweet Dreamz Maternity UIF Assistance, internal relationships (Payroll and Internal Infrastructure) and the stakeholders involved in the Visa processes.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Employment Contractual Process:
- Responsible for ensuring all new hires have their employment contracts (Offer of employment) and necessary documentation prior to their state date. The HR Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring that changes to current employee contracts are made and that the relevant paperwork is complete with such changes, as well as maintaining employee data.
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that each employee leaving the company follows the offboarding procedure. By ensuring that a letter of resignation/disciplinary documents are received, updating the relevant documentation and informing all stakeholders of the leaver. This also includes kicking off the Workday off-boarding tasks as well as providing employees with UI-19 and service certificates upon their exit.
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the accurate documentation and information is received for all assignments, secondments, and role transfers. As well as being the point of contact for the service provider; Fragomen Law Firm.
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for assuming full responsibility for the relationship with 2U’s UIF maternity consultant, Sweet Dreamz, to ensure the maternity leave process is efficient, easy and compliant.
Administration (support to HR team):
- Completes weekly and monthly preparations (email and excel evidence) for our SOX control reviews.
- Actions any payroll employee related data changes on our HRIS, Workday and where applicable ensure that the relevant supporting documentation has been completed and filed.
- Provide supporting documentation for all HR processes such as, but not limited to, disciplinary documentation, agreements, notices, etc.
- Prepare and send off all AUP warnings to employees and their managers.
- Confirms employment via telephone and ensures that written confirmation of employment is signed by the Jnr HR Manager.
- Assumes full responsibility of ensuring probation letters are prepared and distributed timeously.
- Support to HR Business Partners where needed.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or related field.
- Demonstrated computer skills in one or more of the following: MAC, PC, Google suite, MS Office products.
- Proven experience in an administrative/supportive role in the HR function.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and manage relationships in a matrix environment.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to give and receive feedback effectively.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity, pressure and constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.