The Intercompany & IGP Accountant is responsible for managing the manual and systematic intercompany transactions between multiple entities, including the reconciliation of intercompany balances and transaction detail, as well as being the interface between all entities for intercompany transactions. As multiple currencies are involved, a sound knowledge of FX transactions and revaluations is required. This role entails communication and co-ordination with various individuals throughout the 2U group, with close collaboration required with the Group Consolidation Manager and Director of Consolidations at 2U Corp.
The successful candidate will also take ownership of the International Graduate Program (IGP) record keeping and transactional accounting, which is primarily inter-company in nature. The role requires close collaboration with 2U HQ, confirming hiring forecasts, checking hiring approvals against the approved budgeted hire list, ensuring that the correct people and expense charges are cross charged back to HQ. They will also be responsible for ensuring that the team is kept aware of the financial progress of the project, and any relevant financial updates.
The position will report to the Group Accountant, and the Intercompany & IGP Accountant will be tasked with driving solutions to increase efficiency in intercompany accounting.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for month-end accounting, reconciliation and reporting activities related to Inter-company transactions.
- Ensure costs are correctly recharged to HQ
- Correct accounting for incoming charges from HQ
- Confirm the approved hiring budget for IGP
- Provide monthly progress reports for IGP
- Review and measure progress against IGP Budget
- Attend periodic reviews as required with Intercompany and IGP stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- B. Com General Accountant or equivalent
- 1-2 years in Group Accounting, or exposure to intercompany transactions
- Great organisational skills
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets understanding
- Enthusiasm for learning new systems and processes
- Must be greatly deadline driven and take responsibility for their work