Summary of Job:
The main purpose of the Junior Accountant role is to process student registrations (Revenue, Debtors, Cash), respond to finance related student queries and processing suspensions, deferrals and cancellations for our courses.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Student payment allocations and reconciliations
- Finance related student queries and calls
- Processing of suspensions, deferrals and cancellations
- Debtors reconciliation
- Monitoring and reconciling unallocated deposits account
- Revenue and debtor reporting
- Month end processing and reconciliations
- Assist with internal and external audits as required.
- Interdepartmental collaboration
Education and Experience:
- Studied or studying towards an accounting / finance diploma or degree, financially literate with a good understanding of accounting for transactions and the ability to perform reconciliations.
- Relevant finance experience would be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Fair understanding of systems, information processing, data integrity and information reporting
- Experience working with an ERP Accounting system (Sage, SAP, Oracle, Acumatica) advantageous
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Problem solving skills.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with employees across the team and within your own division.
- We don’t micromanage. You must diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompts.
- Ability to work under pressure with stringent deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to conceptualise and implement process improvements
- Ability to think in a systematic fashion
- Ability to speak directly to students over the phone and communicate via email
- Must be able to work independently and be able to multi-task.
- Willingness to learn and embrace change
No Direct Reports