Summary of Job:
This job exists to execute on training requirements, as set by our head office in the U.S, for the Cape Town office. The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating all management training courses, as well as management onboarding and any other ad hoc training course that we provide. The successful candidate will manage a Trainer and a L&D Coordinator.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Execute all Learning and Development requirements as instructed by the Vice President, Learning and Development based at HQ in Maryland, USA, to ensure that Learning & Development in the ZA region is aligned to and meeting group expectations..
- Effectively manage Cape Town-based L&D team.
- Plan, execute and facilitate all Cape Town-based management training and onboarding programmes to reduce time to productivity.
- Research and execute on topical training solutions for Cape Town-based teams.
- Facilitate ad-hoc training sessions as and when required.
- Execute the Learning and Development strategy in the ZA region and report on progress to the necessary stakeholders.
- Ensure that the ZA training budget is spent accordingly per team in alignment with training needs and Business Partner support.
- Plan, execute and coordinate the Leadership Acceleration Programme (LEAP).
- Submit 2U annual WSP/ATR report and plan with support from the L&D Coordinator.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years training/L&D experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Training & Development etc.
- Successful completion of a Facilitation course
Irregular work schedule required to accommodate meetings across different time zones
- Customer-facing trainer
- Learning & Development Coordinator