Summary of Job:
This job exists to take full responsibility of the L&D team in the Cape Town office, this includes all management/leadership training, company-wide training and onboarding. This role requires strong global alignment with our head office in the U.S. The L&D Manager will lead the Cape Town L&D team and be responsible for facilitating all management training courses, as well as management onboarding and any other ad hoc training course that we provide. The L&D Manager will take ownership of all regional L&D initiatives and work with the L&D team to strategise regional specific training, plan, implement and execute on training requirements.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Training and facilitation
- Execute all Learning and Development requirements as instructed by the Vice President, Learning and Development based at HQ in Maryland, USA, and Head of Talent Management (CPT) to ensure that Learning & Development in the ZA region is aligned to and meeting group expectations.
- Plan, execute and facilitate all Cape Town-based management training and onboarding programmes to reduce time to productivity.
- Research and execute on topical training solutions for Cape Town-based teams.
- Execute the Learning and Development strategy in the ZA region and report on progress to the necessary stakeholders.
- Facilitate ad-hoc training sessions as and when required.
- Work with department managers to assess training needs and strategise on training/learning plans to be executed on an annual basis.
- Plan and coordinate our annual Leadership Acceleration Programme (LEAP).
- Ensure that the ZA training budget is spent accordingly per team in alignment with training needs, learning plans and Business Partner support.
- Keep track of all L&D budget spend and report on these numbers monthly.
- Submit 2U annual WSP/ATR report and plan with support from the L&D Coordinator.
- Effectively manage the Cape Town-based L&D team, which includes an L&D Coordinator and a Trainer.
Process and policy
- Take ownership of all L&D processes and policies. This entails updating processes and policies as and when needed.
- Draft and sign off on L&D grant agreements and other study agreements.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years training/L&D experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Training & Development etc.
- Successful completion of a Facilitation course.
Irregular work schedule required to accommodate meetings across different time zones.
- Learning & Development Coordinator
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.