Summary of Job:
The Trainer is responsible for the coordination, execution and delivery of Learning and Development initiatives throughout the Cape Town office. This includes the coordination and planning of skills development programmes and training, the submission of the annual workplace skills plan and annual training report to the EDTP SETA as well as driving and managing employee enrolments on company short course programmes and coaching engagements.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Training Development and Delivery
- Diagnose the correct training needs in conjunction with the department managers and Lead Trainer.
- Develop training programmes that are aligned to the training needs diagnosis and that can be measured for their impact and outcomes.
- Deliver high quality employee support workshops for online learning programmes (LinkedIn Learning).
- Coordinate and plan all training programmes within the office to ensure seamless delivery and execution.
- Liaise with external service providers to confirm venue logistics, quotes and bookings.
- Ensure training materials are processed and available for all participants.
- Liaise with Tech Support to ensure virtual training needs are coordinated effectively.
- Liaise with the facilities team to ensure in-house training venues are booked timeously and set-up in accordance with the training brief.
Training Budgets and Reporting
- Facilitate, track and report on all L&D related expenditure against company training budgets and training plans.
- Compile quarterly training reports of all training and coaching completed, participant surveys, training spend, manager feedback and database statistics.
Coaching Engagements and Short Course Employee Engagement
- Coordinate all coaching engagements as requested by employees and their Line Managers in line with the coaching policy and process.
- Take ownership of the Short Course Employee Enrollment Plan and oversee employee sign ups and queries.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human resources, psychology or a related field
- Two (2) years’ previous experience as a trainer, corporate training specialist, or related position
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
No direct reports
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.