Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
Capetown: This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Video Production Team
The 2U video production team works closely with university faculty to manage on-set video production and deliver a series of content-rich academic videos. The challenges of the position are logistical, require great attention to detail, a keen ability to generate accurate documentation, and the ability to operate within a system of many moving parts.
Note: A cover letter is required for this application. In your cover letter please include the following: reason(s) for wanting to work at 2U, your strengths and how these are suited to the role, and a personal skill set you hope to improve.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist the production team in multiple facets of pre-production, production and post-production (including light editing).
- Provide on-set and pre-production support for the team of video producers.
- Maintain an accurate video production log (i.e. shot list, editor notes, timecode) while producing studio and field production.
- Create and maintain production documents for multiple pieces of content, while ensuring an excellent faculty experience.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with various stakeholders in a larger production process.
- Review quality assurance reports and offering post-production guidance as needed.
- Support production team with general administration, office duties and other traditional production assistant tasks.
Things that Should be in Your Background
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Majors in film, television, digital media or communications are preferred.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Fundamental understanding or interest in video production and post production.
- Keen interest in learning and mastering the video production process.
- Familiarity with using technology; Google Docs, basic video editing, and general web-savvy.
Other attributes that will help you in this role
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, and be flexible.
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
These are just some of the benefits [SA]:
- Sought-after industry experience.
- Free gym access.
- Team and company events.
- One free GetSmarter short course.
- Complimentary caffeine kick from our in-house barista.