Summary of Job:
This is an opportunity to consult on courses from the best South African university brands. We need professional well-spoken graduates to help our mid-career students to decide how our internationally recognised short courses fit within their career growth. You will be required to serve our customers with dedication, commitment, pride and inspire them to action through meaningful conversations. Due to the nature of this role, shift work is required.
- Manage and respond to incoming queries for relevant courses and work progressively to close the sale, through execution of email and telephone strategies.
- Employ telesales or equivalent marketing strategies to ensure we reach all leads interested in pursuing studies for our respective courses.
- Complete structured and unstructured tasks related to each marketing campaign during the preparation, implementation, and wrap-up phases and constantly seek opportunities to improve processes.
- Manage integration of content and all marketing activities into sales strategy and apply this strategy to both email and telephone contact points.
- Continuously monitor campaign performance and progress and communicate findings to relevant Lead Course Consultant.
- Complete product knowledge training and proactively seek ways to improve product and industry knowledge and better understand the target market for courses.
- Accurately collate data and compile necessary reports relating to marketing campaigns, relevant projects and student groups.
- Process incoming registrations (individual and group) following outlined process and liaise with relevant departments when required.
- Assume responsibility for own productivity, remain up to date on company projects and ensure company and department objectives are met.
- Matric exemption and tertiary education preferred.
- At least 2 years work experience, involving email and telephone engagement with prospective clients.
- Proven sales experience essential.
- Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Strong work ethic and ability to adapt to the fast pace of the business.
- Skill in organising time and establishing priorities.
- Own reliable transport.
Job specific competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.