What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for individuals to consult on courses from the top university brands. We need professional well-spoken graduates to help our mid-career students to decide how our internationally recognised short courses fit within their career growth. You will be required to serve our customers with dedication, commitment, pride and inspire them to action through meaningful conversations. Due to the nature of this role, shift work is required.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage and respond to incoming queries for relevant courses and work progressively to close the sale, through execution of email and telephone strategies.
- Employ telesales or equivalent marketing strategies to ensure we reach all leads interested in pursuing studies for our respective courses.
- Complete structured and unstructured tasks related to each marketing campaign during the preparation, implementation, and wrap-up phases and constantly seek opportunities to improve processes.
- Manage integration of content and all marketing activities into sales strategy and apply this strategy to both email and telephone contact points.
- Continuously monitor campaign performance and progress and communicate findings to relevant Lead Course Consultant.
- Complete product knowledge training and proactively seek ways to improve product and industry knowledge and better understand the target market for courses.
- Accurately collate data and compile necessary reports relating to marketing campaigns, relevant projects and student groups.
- Process incoming registrations (individual and group) following outlined process and liaise with relevant departments when required.
- Assume responsibility for own productivity, remain up to date on company projects and ensure company and department objectives are met.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Matric exemption and tertiary education preferred.
- At least 2 years work experience, involving email and telephone engagement with prospective clients.
- Proven sales experience essential.
- Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Strong work ethic and ability to adapt to the fast pace of the business.
- Skill in organising time and establishing priorities.
- Own reliable transport.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.