What We’re Looking For:
The Director, Enterprise Sales is responsible for creating B2B sales strategy, gathering market feedback for process/product enhancements and developing a regional revenue forecast. S/he manages business development activities in the United Kingdom and Europe including the management and guiding the growing Enterprise Sales business development team in the United Kingdom to build out their pipeline and grow revenue.
The Director, Enterprise Sales engages with senior executives of the short course business on a monthly basis to report back on sales activities, revenue forecasting and relevant product enhancements to help guide changes that will empower the B2B business development function to achieve its revenue growth goals in a hyper growth environment that is predominantly focused on B2C activities.
To scale effectively, the Director, Enterprise Sales will provide leadership-level insight into two distinct product enhancements (Pay as you learn and 2U Learning Tokens) to help B2B Sales Operations guide the development and implementation thereof and on completion and directing the B2B business development team to successfully sell into the market.
This person will report to and work closely with the Vice President, Enterprise Sales to increase sales and maximise deal closing efficiency.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Identify opportunities for sales improvement and growth in the United Kingdom, and European regions, with a specific focus on defining the business case for such opportunities and achieving necessary support from all stakeholders.
- Think creatively and drive initiatives from inception to implementation.
Work collaboratively with 2U Cape Town departments to implement initiatives.
Staff Management & Development
- Directly manage our growing London based business development team, providing direction on priorities to ensure revenue target commitment is met.
- Ensure there is a good balance of new business development and client relationship management.
- Effectively direct the business development sales activities through a customer contact strategy to ensure that GetSmarter becomes a preferred corporate education provider.
- Share ongoing results on a monthly basis with senior management at 2U Cape Town.
Process Development and Improvement
- Provide leadership-level insight into product and sales process improvements.
- Lead sales discussions and creation of account specific strategies for the United Kingdom & Europe in B2B strategy meetings.
- Ensure that the Enterprise Product Owner receives market feedback for system and process enhancements.
- Propose new courses and new products that match our business model and can serve the needs of corporate customers.
- Decide on credit terms for corporate accounts, and ensure contractual debt obligations are met with corporate customers.
- Set and manage travel budgets for United Kingdom & Europe business development activities.
- Set regional sales targets, providing sales updates and tracking of regional sales targets.
- Quarterly results presentation to senior management at 2u Cape Town.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Minimum of a 3 - 4 year business degree or relevant related postgraduate qualification.
- Minimum 8 - 12 years business development or account management experience in a B2B environment - preferably SAAS technologies; IT; or online education.
- Experience dealing with, and successfully influencing high level executives.
- Basic data analysis skills.
- Drivers license.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent presentation: verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, manage projects and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation skills and creativity.
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U London offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.