Summary of Job:
This position is responsible for delivering on company regional enrolment goals through the implementation and execution of sales best practice using conversion strategies. The Director, Student Enrolments is also responsible for the growth and scale of their allocated portfolio within the region.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
Drive overall regional performance
- Collaborate with matrix stakeholders such as Marketing, Student Success and Program Management as a point of escalation from the first line manager who directly oversee enrolment advisors to identify opportunities across the portfolio.
- Create, communicate and maintain pre-enrolment standard operating policies and processes to ensure consistency in the student experience.
- Review standard operating policies and processes regularly (quarterly updates).
- Maintaining accountability for multiple course performance.
- Drive operational change and overall portfolio improvement by interpreting data and reports, with support from the Data Science and Operations teams.
- Drive efficiencies by identifying opportunities to implement and improve communication mediums and technology with support from CRM Operations.
- Deliver on strategic business priorities identified by VP.
Internal and External Stakeholder Management
- Manages relationships with Regional General Manager, University Stakeholders, Finance, Marketing and Student Success to ensure delivery of business growth.
- Collaborating directly and regularly with university partners and short course leadership regarding current and future program performance with a focus on student satisfaction, student outcomes and program/course completion.
- People Management
In partnership with fellow leadership and 2U Talent Management, implementing strategies to positively impact team engagement and staff retention rates.
- Support, mentor and guide direct reports.
Continuously manage performance and behaviour of direct reports by,
- Conducting frequent 1:1 meetings on priorities/responsibilities.
- Conducting bi-annual performance reviews.
- Ensuring team quarterly and annual goals are achieved as per agreed upon business requirements.
- Identify and manage future growth of team as per business requirements.
- Manage staff welfare and training budgets.
- Manage disciplinary processes as per 2U policies.
- Ensure accurate resourcing as per the resourcing model per course.
- Manage the end to end recruitment process with Talent Acquisition team.
Education and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification required.
- At least 5 years years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- 2-3 years people management experience in the South African context with basic knowledge of the BCEA.
- Proven ability to manage a team of highly educated, professional staff of minimum of 10 staff members.
- Strong sales and customer service background in Edtech Industry would be beneficial.
Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint) exposure to Salesforce, HubSpot, Google Suite, Tableau are advantageous.
- The Director of Student Enrolments may be required to work shifts based on business requirements and may be required to travel outside the country from time to time Ample notice will be given as per our policies.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.