What We’re Looking For:
The Director, Enrolments is responsible for delivering on company regional enrolment goals through the implementation and execution of sales best practice using conversion strategies. The Director, Student Enrolments is also responsible for the growth and scale of their allocated portfolio within the region.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Drive overall regional performance
- Collaborate with matrix stakeholders such as Marketing, Student Success and Program Management as a point of escalation from the first line Manager who directly oversee enrolment advisors to identify opportunities across the portfolio.
- Create, communicate and maintain pre-enrolment standard operating policies and processes to ensure consistency in the student experience.
- Review standard operating policies and processes regularly (quarterly updates).
- Maintaining accountability for multiple course performance.
- Drive operational change and overall portfolio improvement by interpreting data and reports, with support from the Data Science and Operations teams.
- Drive efficiencies by identifying opportunities to implement and improve communication mediums and technology with support from CRM Operations.
- Deliver on strategic business priorities identified by VP.
Internal and external stakeholder management
- Manages relationships with Regional General Manager, University Stakeholders, Finance, Marketing and Student Success to ensure delivery of business growth.
- Collaborating directly and regularly with university partners and short course leadership regarding current and future program performance with a focus on student satisfaction, student outcomes and program/course completion.
- In partnership with fellow leadership and 2U Talent Management, implementing strategies to positively impact team engagement and staff retention rates.
- Support, mentor, guide direct reports.
- Continuously manage performance and behaviour of direct reports by conducting frequent 1:1 meetings on priorities/responsibilities, conducting bi-annual performance reviews and ensuring team quarterly and annual goals are achieved as per agreed upon business requirements.
- Identify and manage future growth of team as per business requirements.
- Manage staff welfare and training budgets.
- Manage disciplinary processes as per 2U policies.
- Ensure accurate resourcing as per the resourcing model per course.
- Manage the end to end recruitment process with Talent Acquisition team.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Tertiary qualification required.
- At least 5 years years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- 2-3 years people management experience in the South African context with basic knowledge of the BCEA.
- Proven ability to manage a team of highly educated, professional staff of minimum of 10 staff members.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strong sales and customer service background in the Edtech Industry would be beneficial.
- Exposure to Salesforce, HubSpot, Google Suite, Tableau are advantageous.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.