What you would be doing:
At GetSmarter, we believe that access to better education improves lives. Our Sales and Enrolments team is crucial to the success of GetSmarter, our university partners, and most importantly, to our students.
Various shift options are available at our Campus in Observatory:
05h00 to 14h00
08h00 to 17h00
13h00 to 22h00
15h00 to 00h00
As a Course Consultant you will directly impact students’ ability to reach their highest potential. Our team of rockstar employees has successfully changed the lives of more than 50,000 customers to date; and we intend to improve a total of 1,000,000 lives through better education by 2030.
GetSmarter is hiring Course Consultants who will engage students for enrolment in short courses from one of GetSmarter's top colleges and university partners.
Recruiting qualified students for our leading online university short courses requires a consultative approach, an ability to meet challenges head-on, and a passion for changing lives through high quality education. Due to the nature of this role, shift work is required.
Key skills include:
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships with potential, mid-career students
- Persistence and personal agency coupled with a passion for education
- A proven track record of achieving measurable results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to utilise creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to have impactful conversations with prospective students via phone in a high-volume call environment and via email as needed
What you'll get from us:
- A high growth company that is rapidly emerging as a leader in the South African Edtech space
- Continuous training with opportunities for professional development
- A deep commitment to fostering a great work-life balance
- A huge support system
- The opportunity to continue your own education: we pay for two continuing education GetSmarter short courses a year for every GetSmarter employee
- Matric exemption
- Tertiary education preferred
- Sales experience in a metrics-driven environment
- Verbal and written fluency of the English language
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- Continuous professional development through our Sales Training Academy
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad