What We’re Looking For:
The Lead Product Strategy & Research Analyst is a specialist analyst within the Product Strategy & Research team and is responsible for shaping the product strategy of a selected vertical(s) and universities as well as selecting new courses for development, marketing and presentation to deliver this vision. Ongoing surveillance and interpretation of consumer and industry trends and market intelligence is required to maintain our product’s competitive advantage and the specialist must inform on this for product innovation, development and improvement. Through deep specialised research, the Lead Product Strategy & Research Analyst must identify courses that have high market demand in order to maximise the revenue produced from these courses, at a viable CPA (Cost per Acquisition). Program Management is guided by these recommendations and equipped with the data to find the institutional will to match this identified market demand to ensure new course content development matches the demand. The role is also required to significantly contribute towards the delivery of the teams strategic priorities, driving the required changes that the business needs to make to remain relevant. A Lead Product Strategy & Research Analyst is expected to work a 9-hr day (including 1-hr lunch break). Overtime is not a requirement of the job. Flexibility would be required to occasionally accommodate US/ UK or other time zones.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Strategic ownership of key subject vertical, creating a strategic vision and plan for development of the vertical. Remaining at the forefront of emergent trends as well as ensuring this knowledge remains democratised and co-contributors to this vertical are aligned and remain abreast with trends.
- Through the strategic understanding of the vertical, identify high potential, commercially viable courses, qualified by industry and trends analysis - search term trends, competitor analysis, student and customer surveys and job searches.
- Full ownership of a university partner developing a UP strategy which aligns to the overall product strategy.
- Regular collaboration with PGM’s, GM’s and other key stakeholders in support of getting buy-in for new courses in line with the above defined strategy; driving focus to high potential courses.
- Maintaining our competitive advantage through understanding of the market to inform product innovation and improvement as well as contributing to overall competitive intelligence efforts.
- Leverage consumer insights to understand the performance of existing courses and how these can be optimised for improvement.
- Work with the relevant internal stakeholders to produce new course budgets, financial viability proposals as well as advise on pricing and forecasting.
- May be required, but not necessarily, to manage any one or more people in the following positions: Product Strategy & Research Analyst/ Junior Product Strategy & Research Analyst.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Masters degree, preferably with quantitative research experience.
- 7+ yrs working experience.
- Strong data interpretation and analysis skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Curiosity and a love for learning.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity, pressure and being able to work flexibly and independently are essential.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.