Summary of Job:
The Marketing Lead manages the marketing strategy for a portfolio of university online short courses in a specific product vertical, including a digital marketing spend budget of ~$50K/day. The Marketing Lead oversees the full marketing cycle which includes lead generation, nurturing and conversion, using a data lead approach. It is the Marketing Lead’s responsibility to define an optimal marketing strategy with the overall objective being to generate high volumes of qualified prospects and be accountable to the course and portfolio performance.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Direct and oversee all aspects of marketing strategy for a portfolio of online short courses. The Marketing Lead is held accountable for the performance of marketing campaigns against student targets, and is tasked with ensuring these campaigns are efficient, effective and profitable.
- Manage the execution of Marketing and Conversion strategies, and regularly analyse the lead generation and conversion components of the campaign to ensure that the work being done by the various Marketing and Brand departments is of the standard required to achieve the expected targets.
- Forecast course performance and make adjustments should the forecast be higher or lower. The Marketing Lead communicates these forecasts to the business alongside a brief summary of recent and planned activity.
- Drive in-depth analysis of campaigns during and post course presentation, and ensure that insights are distilled into actionable outcomes that will improve performance of future campaigns.
- Use a data-led approach to dictate the marketing mix, both digital and traditional, and campaigns to be implemented by the digital media teams.
Education and Experience:
- Marketing Degree or similar qualification with at least 5 years of experience directly managing marketing strategy, brand strategy or a related function.
- Minimum 5 years in digital marketing required.
- Detailed knowledge of digital marketing platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Adwords, Reddit, Twitter, Google Analytics, etc.
- Intermediate skills in Google, Excel, Tableau, Salesforce or similar BI and CRM tools required.
- Strong quantitative skills and proven ability to drive strategies rooted in practical analyses.
- Self-starter and voracious learner who is technical, analytical, organised and able to manage multiple projects to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Beginner skills or the desire to learn Tableau and Salesforce (preferred)
- An understanding of performance marketing, email and content marketing advantageous
Junior Digital Marketing Rotation Analysts and dotted-line management of Marketing Analysts
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.