What We’re Looking For:
The Marketing Analyst plays a key role in supporting the execution of marketing strategy for a portfolio of university online short courses in a specific product vertical. Reporting to the Portfolio Marketing Manager, the role provides tactical and strategic support in achieving targets for a course portfolio. The Marketing Analyst will work closely with Product Marketing, Digital Media, UX, SEO, Market Research and Sales.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Support the Marketing Lead in managing the marketing budget for a portfolio of online short courses to ensure maximum revenue at an acceptable cost per acquisition.
- Monitor overall campaign and portfolio performance on a daily/weekly basis and direct the team to make adjustments where needed.
- Support and assist with the reporting requirements of course performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as well as during the strategy review period.
- Conduct and drive research on course or subject portfolios to ensure accurate and effective strategy and planning. This will include database, audience, content, social, keyword research.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to ensure the strategy and campaigns are generating highly qualified leads and are profitable.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Marketing Degree or similar qualification with at least 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing strategy, brand strategy or a related function.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of digital marketing platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Adwords, Reddit, Twitter, Google Analytics, etc.
- Intermediate Excel and Google business skills.
- Self-starter and voracious learner who is technical, analytical, organised and able to manage multiple projects to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Beginner skills or the desire to learn Tableau and Salesforce (preferred).
- An understanding of performance marketing, email and content marketing advantageous.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.