What We’re Looking For:
The role exists to produce valuable insights from research activities, that will help decision making for new courses with University Partners. Managing the list of commercially viable course ideas in a subject vertical, on pipeline, and supporting the Market Research function with proactive industry research in a subject vertical and reactive research into new course proposals is critical to the role. Maintaining an overview of the competitor market and monitoring course performance of current courses in a subject vertical, providing insights into the identity of the typical consumer to guide the improvement of course performance where necessary. A Research Analyst is responsible for maintaining an overview of the customer to support the greater marketing function.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Production of viability analysis reports following standardised research methodology: including general desktop research and quantitative analysis of keyword search trends, job availability, analysis of the target market and competitor landscape, among other key data sources.
- Managing the portfolio of courses and new course ideas in your select subject vertical and regularly conducting additional industry-related research.
- Evaluating and analyzing current course performance and student demographics, to provide feedback for improvement in targeting, content quality and essentially student numbers.
- Liaising with GM’s or PGM’s in a single region.
- Engaging with key external and internal stakeholders during development of a new course, including; Learning Design, Marketing, and University Faculty.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Master's Degree.
- 3-5 yrs working experience.
- Strong data interpretation and analysis skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and being able to work flexibly and independently are essential.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.