What We’re Looking For:
The SEO analyst role is a technical, strategic and analytical role. The purpose of the role is to manage and grow the organic presence of one of the short course portfolios and to provide support to the senior members of the SEO team.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Providing recommendations on SEO best practices:
- Keyword research and mapping of keywords to pages.
- Optimisation of onsite elements including: meta data, copy, images, headings and images.
- Where applicable, providing recommendations to improve the conversion rate of course pages.
- Reviewing blog content written internally or externally to ensure SEO best practices have been considered.
- Auditing university websites to provide technical recommendations. Liaising with internal stakeholders in marketing to get the recommendations implemented.
- Prioritize overall SEO initiatives for the most impact.
- Liaising with the outreach team to ensure that link building requirements are met.
Competitor research: Analysing backlink profiles using 3rd party SEO tools.
- Benchmarking competitors’ marketing efforts.
- Provide recommendations to optimise equity and student referral count from university partner websites.
Monitoring and reporting on performance:
- Adding and managing keywords in rank tracking software.
- Monitoring the performance of courses within a portfolio using Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Tableau.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 2-4 years SEO/Digital marketing experience within an agency environment.
- Proficient in the use of Google platforms such as Analytics and Search Console.
- Proficient in the use of 3rd party SEO tools – Ahrefs, Moz, Ubersuggest, SEMrush, Majestic, Screaming frog (for technical audits and keyword research purposes).
- CMS – WordPress navigation and understanding.
- Knowledge of basic HTML.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in business / marketing advantageous.
- Tableau expertise beneficial.
- Google Analytics Certification and Google Ads Certification advantageous.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Curiosity and a love for learning.
- Taking initiative in problem solving.
- Being comfortable with pressure and being able to work flexibly and independently.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our GetSmarter line of business.
GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc., partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses which enables lifelong learners across the globe to obtain industry-relevant skills that are certified by the world’s most reputable academic institutions.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.