What We’re Looking For:
The SEO analyst role is a technical, strategic and analytical role. The purpose of the role is to manage and grow the organic presence of one of the short course portfolios and to provide support to the senior members of the SEO team.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Providing recommendations on SEO best practices:
- Keyword research and mapping of keywords to pages.
- Optimisation of onsite elements including: meta data, copy, images, headings and images.
- Where applicable, providing recommendations to improve the conversion rate of course pages.
- Reviewing blog content written internally or externally to ensure SEO best practices have been considered.
- Auditing university websites to provide technical recommendations. Liaising with internal stakeholders in marketing to get the recommendations implemented.
- Prioritize overall SEO initiatives for the most impact.
- Liaising with the outreach team to ensure that link building requirements are met.
- Competitor research: Analysing backlink profiles using 3rd party SEO tools.
- Benchmarking competitors’ marketing efforts.
- Provide recommendations to optimise equity and student referral count from university partner websites.
Monitoring and reporting on performance:
- Adding and managing keywords in rank tracking software.
- Monitoring the performance of courses within a portfolio using Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Tableau.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 2-4 years SEO/Digital marketing experience within an agency environment.
- Proficient in the use of Google platforms such as Analytics and Search Console.
- Proficient in the use of 3rd party SEO tools – Ahrefs, Moz, Ubersuggest, SEMrush, Majestic, Screaming frog (for technical audits and keyword research purposes).
- CMS – WordPress navigation and understanding.
- Knowledge of basic HTML.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in business / marketing advantageous.
- Tableau expertise beneficial.
- Google Analytics Certification and Google Ads Certification advantageous.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Curiosity and a love for learning.
- Taking initiative in problem solving.
- Being comfortable with pressure and being able to work flexibly and independently.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.