The VP of Product Operations for 2U Cape Town is responsible for providing an interface between GetSmarter Short Course product operations and critical internal stakeholders such as the Program Management (PGM) team, Program Excellence, University Strategy, University Growth and University General Managers. They also have a stake in external University Partner relationship management. The function of the VP of Product Operations is to effectively represent the university partners’ interests internally whilst working closely with the functional operation teams to ensure that the execution of the short course operating plan supports Program Management in deepening relationships with our University Partners.
The VP of Product Operations will report to the Managing Director for Short Courses, and have an indirect (dotted) line to SVP of Program Excellence.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Short course product and partner management:
- Serve as the liaison/interface between the short course business and university facing teams (PGM, University Growth, University Strategy), and program excellence
- Maintenance of PGM playbooks and onboarding of the new General Managers and universities to short courses, including engaging with potential new partners on short course operations
- Documentation and maintenance of all university partner revenue and student expectations, including partner facing budgets and proposals
- Specification and maintenance of partner facing dashboards and communications
- Collaborate with the Program Excellence team in the US and their Operations Directors to support General Managers to provide excellent service on short courses to University Partners
People management and planning:
- Management of the Planning and Account Management function, ensuring schedules are confirmed and partner approvals are expedited
- Management of UP team allocations, ensuring program huddles take place, and that team members are empowered to take decisions to drive performance. Remain the escalation point for all unresolved UP team issues
Drive process and structural change:
- Management of internal operations forums and the creation of standard operating procedures for functional teams
- Handle of all non-standard UP requests and operationalise these when required with the relevant teams within the short course business.
Education and Experience:
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa
- Bachelors degree is required (Commerce and Marketing is preferred)
- 10+ years in Product Marketing essential
- Solid track record in delivering measurable operational excellence and process improvement programmes is essentia
- Experience leading a large, multi-functional operational delivery team is required
- Client facing experience is required
- Strong financial modeling skills and business acumen is required
- Experience in EdTech or Tech driven environment is preferred
- Experience in partnering with an executive team is preferred
Skills & Competencies:
- Above average verbal and written communication skills in order to drive collaboration and enable decision making across a multinational organisation
- Ability to see a gap, define a path to resolution and rally a team to deliver
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, large and small, and ruthlessly prioritise
- Ability to collaborate with global teams of all shapes and sizes while also being able to work independently as a self-starter
- Ability to design solutions that optimise for simplicity, efficiency, and scale
- Ability to put the customers and their needs first in every interaction
- Ability to own and execute a project from start to finish
- Ability to grow and nurture relationships with internal stakeholders across functions and geographies
- Ability to internalise and evangelise GetSmarter product messaging and value proposition
- Ability to influence outcomes for the greater good of all
Working Conditions :
- Travel will be required from time to time with appropriate notice.
- Irregular work schedule required to accommodate meetings across different time zones.