Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Assess business needs utilizing a structured requirements process (elicitation, gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advises on options.
- Compile, define, and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyze business processes and procedures to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Compile user test cases and system integration testing and validates test results during testing.
- Monitor testing processes to ensure that business requirements are adequately met with minimal disruption to operations.
- Ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
- Ensure integrity of systems from an architectural and maintenance perspective are maintained in satisfying client requirements
- Foster and maintain superb communication between team members and business units
- May meet regularly with BSA team to gather work statuses.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback to BSA’s.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams
- Maintain business unit backlog management processes
- Monitor and ensure the stability of all systems for which you are responsible and/or that your business units rely on
- Manage business stakeholder/client expectations
- Understand the domain(s) for which you will be responsible.
- Work closely with functional business units to achieve strategic priorities through the implementation or refinement of business systems and processes.
- Proactively seek opportunities for automation or scale within the business.
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with business units in order to provide effective solutions to their problems
- Manage ambiguity and dependencies around business requirements.
- Promote continuous self-improvement.
- Build and maintain a mutually respectful relationship with fellow team members
Education and Experience:
- At least 2-5 years ICT job-related experience of which 2+ years should be as a Business and/or Systems Analyst.
- Superb communication skills required.
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts and think creatively about solutions.
- A sound understanding of a wide variety of technologies. Previous technical experience preferred.
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
- Experience and certification in process thinking (Lean, KanBan, 6-Sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Experience leveraging Software as a Service to achieve business value delivery.
- Proficient in SQL, MySQL.
- Exposure to Project Management best practices and processes advantageous.
- IT framework certifications (ITIL, COBIT, etc.) advantageous.
- Experience in Process Mapping and Improvement (UML, BPMN 2.0).
- Demonstrated experience with working within project teams in order to delivery medium to large IT related projects
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including aptitude towards problem identification, resolution, comprehension and interpretation of technical procedures.
- Interpersonal/relationship building skills with technical and business personnel.
- Ability to manage time and prioritization of workload
- Ability to work in a team within a diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Degree in ICT Related field.
What you'll get from us:
A high growth company that is rapidly emerging as a leader in the South African Edtech space
- Continuous training with opportunities for professional development
- A deep commitment to fostering a great work-life balance
- A huge support system
The opportunity to continue your own education: we pay for two continuing education GetSmarter short courses a year for every GetSmarter employee
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad
About GetSmarter and 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
GetSmarter is an online education company based in Cape Town. We collaborate with leading universities globally to offer premium continuing education short courses that allow working professionals to expand and update their skill set, and advance their careers. In 2017, GetSmarter was acquired by 2U, Inc, a leader in the online higher education market.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.