Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of statistical models as learning activities on the Online Campus.
- Cleansing, enhancing and provisioning data sources in support of learning objectives.
- Support in ad-hoc data mining and exploratory analysis of pedagogical objectives.
- Support in ad-hoc research and keeping up to date with industry trends and updates in statistical analysis, data modelling and data mining.
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years experience in the data industry
- Specific qualifications or technical skills
- Bachelor's degree (Stats, Engineering, Business Science preferred)
- Experience in data analysis
- Experience in SQL
- Proficiency in R and/or Python (proficiency in both preferred)
- Experience working in statistics
- Experience in building machine learning models
- Additional required skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Analytical, strategic and logical thinker
- Time management, discipline, accountability, self-motivation and eagerness to learn
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to understand learning design requirements and translate to data solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team as well as on your own
- Attention to detail
What you'll get from us:
A high growth company that is rapidly emerging as a leader in the South African Edtech space
- Continuous training with opportunities for professional development
- A deep commitment to fostering a great work-life balance
- A huge support system
The opportunity to continue your own education: we pay for two continuing education GetSmarter short courses a year for every GetSmarter employee
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- Continuous professional development through our Sales Training Academy
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad
About GetSmarter and 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
GetSmarter is an online education company based in Cape Town. We collaborate with leading universities globally to offer premium continuing education short courses that allow working professionals to expand and update their skill set, and advance their careers. In 2017, GetSmarter was acquired by 2U, Inc, a leader in the online higher education market.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.