What We’re Looking For:
Develop and manage cloud infrastructure for all hosted systems used by the Short Course business (GetSmarter). The work includes deployment, monitoring, maintenance, enhancement, backups and disaster recovery of systems to ensure rapid value delivery and stability.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Design and build state-of-the-art cloud based systems.
- Automate the deployment and configuration of cloud systems.
- Maintain and improve CI and CD pipelines.
- Ensure the availability, performance and scalability of cloud systems.
- Improve the security of cloud systems.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and products.
- Actively look for ways to improve systems and reduce complexity.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements of cloud systems.
- Provision team member access to cloud systems.
- Be available to respond to urgent incidents after hours.
- Work with team members or independently to create effective solutions to business problems.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
- Understand the roadmap and how current work relates to the strategic goals.
- Communicate progress effectively with team members and business stakeholders.
- Practice effective time management when planning and completing sprints.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Give and receive constructive peer feedback.
- Live the company values.
- Drive self-improvement.
- Develop system architecture skills.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- 3 years experience in software engineering as well as 3 years experience in DevOps engineering.
- 2 years experience using AWS.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Able to be on call after hours.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.