Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Work within a global team to remediate / resolve incidents and perform daily support with regards to internal security issues
- Help delivery and deploy security controls ands tools to the business.
- Help identify and deliver necessary user training for users and team members.
- Assist with auditing and measurement of security controls.
- Identify risk within the internal and cloud based infrastructure
- Automate / improve current processes and repetitive daily tasks
- Design, review applications and architecture adhering to best practises and secure standards
- Stay abreast of new technologies/tools and how they may benefit the organisation
- Improve, automate current tools to increase proficiency.
- Keen to learn and constantly self improve.
- Open to change.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a larger team.
Education and Experience:
- BCom Informatics/BSc Informatics/Computer Science Degree/3 year IT Diploma or relevant experience
- At least 7 years in the IT industry with a minimum of 3 dedicated to Security
- System and Network Administration,
- Network Architecture & Security design
- Familiar with scripting languages and/or automation tools (python, ruby, ansible, chef etc.)
- Firewall Administration
- Endpoint Protection and management
- Patch management and vulnerability assessment
- Certification or experience with multiple operating systems ( Microsoft, Linux, Amazon AMI)
- Technical security certification (GIAC, CEH, OSCP.. etc)
- Premier cyber security specific certifications like (ISC)2, CISSP or ISACA CISM.
- Familiar with on-premise and cloud networking concepts
- Experience with AWS security and best practises
- Demonstrable documentation and reporting skills
What you'll get from us:
A high growth company that is rapidly emerging as a leader in the South African Edtech space
- Continuous training with opportunities for professional development
- A deep commitment to fostering a great work-life balance
- A huge support system
The opportunity to continue your own education: we pay for two continuing education GetSmarter short courses a year for every GetSmarter employee
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- Continuous professional development through our Sales Training Academy
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad
About GetSmarter and 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
GetSmarter is an online education company based in Cape Town. We collaborate with leading universities globally to offer premium continuing education short courses that allow working professionals to expand and update their skill set, and advance their careers. In 2017, GetSmarter was acquired by 2U, Inc, a leader in the online higher education market.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.