Summary of Job:
Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to provide strategically aligned business value.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the process of translating user requirements/processes into system designs
- Working with Product Managers as well as numerous other stakeholders to elicit, clarify, elaborate, synthesize, simplify and organize requirements in the form of user stories.
- Ensuring all user stories have clear and measurable success criteria to inform automated testing.
- Organize and analyze data elements to inform product priorities and KPI tracking.
- Working with Engineering team to ensure product vision and priorities are maintained throughout development planning and execution.
- Developing and maintaining strategies, plans, scripts and cases for User Acceptance Testing purposes.
- Ensuring products have met acceptance criteria sufficient for release, including accessibility, mobile, and edge case tests
- Coordinate and Manage Releases including deployment of approved features and maintaining evidence of proper production release protocols to ensure compliance with auditing requirements.
- Monitoring of product bug queues in order to validate, triage and prioritize fixes.
Key Requirements and skills include:
- At least 2-4 years experience in Business Analyst or Quality Assurance roles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive the requirements gathering process, determine needs and clearly articulate as simple use cases and acceptance criteria for feature enhancements and new products
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
- Experience in Process Mapping and Improvement (UML, BPMN 2.0).
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts and think creatively about solutions.
- Familiarity with Agile software development and deployment processes
- Experience with data management and reporting tools
- Ability to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly in a fast-paced environment
- The urge to be part of a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks, and approaches to delivery
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
- Salesforce experience beneficial
What you'll get from us:
A high growth company that is rapidly emerging as a leader in the South African Edtech space
- Continuous training with opportunities for professional development
- A deep commitment to fostering a great work-life balance
- A huge support system
The opportunity to continue your own education: we pay for two continuing education GetSmarter short courses a year for every GetSmarter employee
Why It’s Great to Work at GetSmarter
GetSmarter offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our office is a social place. We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
GetSmarter offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Subsidised medical aid
- Subsidised healthy meals and in-house canteen
- Subsidised in-house biokineticist
- Free gym
- Generous paid leave policies
- Free enrolment in two GetSmarter-powered online short courses annually
- Continuous professional development through our Sales Training Academy
- A complimentary caffeine kick every morning and afternoon, made by our in-house barista
- Fun theme days and spontaneous activities planned by our culture squad
About GetSmarter and 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
GetSmarter is an online education company based in Cape Town. We collaborate with leading universities globally to offer premium continuing education short courses that allow working professionals to expand and update their skill set, and advance their careers. In 2017, GetSmarter was acquired by 2U, Inc, a leader in the online higher education market.
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com